Georgia Tech has partnered with TransferMate and Flywire to offer students innovative and streamlined ways to make international payments by wire transfer or international credit card. Both options allow you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency. TransferMate has been seamlessly integrated into the student account portal while FlyWire is a separate payment path outside of the student account portal.
What options do I have to wire funds to Georgia Tech?
TransferMate Payment Process
- Log into the Student Payment Portal
- Select “Make a Payment” in the Student Account box in the center column of the Payment Portal
- Select the desired "Payment Option" (Current Account Balance, Pay by Term)
- Input the amount you would like to pay in the payments box which appears
- Click "Continue" in the bottom right corner under "Payment Total"
- Choose TransferMate from the dropdown menu of payment options
- Select the origin country for your payment from the drop down menu and click "Review Rate".
- Follow the instructions regarding student and payer information to complete your international wire payment
Flywire Payment Process
- Go to Flywire to begin the payment process
- Fill out your payment details, including the home country and the amount to be sent in USD
- Flywire will convert the funds and send the amount to Georgia Tech to be applied to your student account
How long does it take for the funds to arrive?
The time for your payment to reach Georgia Tech will vary depending on the country and payment method that you select.
Utilizing TransferMate, once TransferMate has received payment in the local bank account in your country, TransferMate sends your payment the same day from our account to Georgia Tech. These payments are typically received by Georgia Tech the same day if payments are received into the TransferMate local account in your country before 2:00PM GMT. The payment will post typically within 24-48 hours from payment completion.
When using Flywire, estimated dates of arrival are available in your student dashboard on Flywire’s website. Confirmation emails are sent by Flywire throughout the payment process. Please allow Georgia Tech up to 48 hours to post your payment to your student account upon delivery by Flywire.
What is the benefit of using Flywire versus sending payment directly from my local bank?
TransferMate benefits include:
- Accurate currency conversions
- Competitive exchange rates
- Local currency payment methods
- Fast payment posting to account
- Exceptional customer service
Flywire allows you to:
- Track your payment from start to finish
- Pay from any country and any bank
- Potentially save money on bank fees and receive locked-in exchange rates
- Receive dedicated multilingual customer support
Is there customer support available to assist me with my payment?
For TransferMate, For transaction-specific questions, TransferMate can be reached via Skype, Live Chat, Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Phone. Contact Information can be found at this site: TransferMate Customer Service
For Flywire, If you are in need of immediate assistance, you may reach Flywire’s support center at email@example.com or by phone using the contact information found here.
Please Note: If funds in excess of your student account balance are sent to Georgia Tech, the excess amount may only be returned to the originator. Funds sent through Flywire may be assessed a fee to process any returns.